Friday, June 21, 2013

Let it begin... let it begin....

So here we go again,  another O/S trip, another blog, but anyhoo, you know you love it.

So there we were a few months ago, sitting watching a travel show of some sort and both my daughter and I mused  ' wouldn't it be nice to go on a holiday?'

.... meaning perhaps later in the year.

Nek minnit - we have flights booked at buy-one-get-one-free ( a misnomer I will explore further on) to Tokyo with barely a thought that there were scant few months between then and now to pay for everything else on a part time wage... but none the less, here I sit 14 sleeps away from my next big adventure on a very small shoe-string... Only this time I'm not going alone.

This time I'll have my adult-let daughter with me whose last visit to Tokyo was literally on her 5th birthday and we have plans to recreate some of the same photos in a then/now style piece.

So, the flights we booked were the extreme pov-pack- aka no meals, no entertainment and probably not much much else either.  OMG do they sting you for everything on those cheap flights.... we even had to pay a ridiculous amount to actually sit together - despite us having  multiple seats in the booking.  Bloody sheisters - anyway... so with that in mind, and with little laptop and portable HD in tow, we'll take our own entertainment and buy snacks when we're through customs.

So two weeks out is the time I like to call 'get the case out and check you have clothes that still fit and will look ok on the scrapbook pages' time.  It's also the time to co-ordinate the grey regrowth being obliterated ( wouldn't be the first time I've had to sharpie-out the grey stripe in my post holiday snaps) and arrange pedicure appointments.

Still praying the divine Miss M's adult passport arrives in time and all will be well.

So the family have been informed of our imminent journey - always a tricky time as most of mine have quite the aversion to me traveling it seems.... something about being below the poverty line most of my life with the occasional junket OS not being a suitable way to live.  Anyhoo...
what do I care right?  Its what I love with a passion and gives me something to think about when I'm sitting in that rocking chair. 
Sadly, I believe these itchy feet have been passed on to my youngest offspring as well.

Actually, its been quite the journey already just in the planning stages.  Even as the 'submit' button was being pressed for payment of the flights, I was rapidly informed that this was indeed NOT ( underlined and in bold)  a Disney trip.  Somehow though, 4 ( with the possible inclusion of an evening sesh on day 5 and ok, perhaps day 6) of the available 7 days will be spent on a Disney property.... go figure.  However, I will have to submit myself to several days roaming the Tokyo streets and far flung Edo buildings, shrines and Anime centres to make up for it. 

There is MUCH planned and that, dear readers, you will have to discover as we go along so for now, welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the show.  I'll be updating regularly and posting a few photos to hopefully inspire you to travel to the Land of the Rising Sun yourself.  For those who that have followed me before, you will KNOW a lot of foodie photos will turn up here so stay tuned.

Feel free to share my blog and I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments if you so desire.

Sayonara for now,

Lisa. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment